Metropolitan Detroit Medical Library Group
Ad Hoc Committee on Salaries & Benefits
Sandra Studebaker, Chair
Assess current marketplace salaries and benefits among member
hospital/health sciences libraries in Metropolitan Detroit.
- Survey institutional members for current wage and benefits data - completed
- Aggregate the data collected - in process
- Prepare and distribute pertinent reports - pending
- Committee members continued informal information gathering on salary
surveys and discussion of survey procedures. Communication was by e-mail and
- Last year’s survey form was revised to allow inclusion of minimal
educational and experience qualifications for each job title and a field was
added for zip code. The cover letter was also revised for clarity, minor
changes in the return procedure, and inclusion of pertinent references.
- The survey was mailed to forty (40) hospital-based institutional members
in Metropolitan Detroit and Windsor on April 1 with a requested deadline of
April 15. Twenty-three (23) were completed and returned. This compares to 40
sent and 21 returned in the 1999 survey of the same population.
- Data entry from the survey responses is in process.
- A detailed report will be prepared in June for distribution to the MDMLG
Board and to MDMLG institutional members.
- The Committee will submit final recommendations regarding its charge to
the Board at its summer transitional meeting.
- Expenses for stationery, reproduction, and distribution of the survey
and follow-up reports are being absorbed by committee members and/or their
Sandra A. Studebaker, MSLS, AHIP
May 23, 2000