1. Promote MDMLG activities and services to the local library
schools, public libraries, health professional organizations
2. Redefine the responsibilities of MDMLG Public Relations Board
3. Update the promotional brochure describing MDMLG and its services
for distribution to prospective members.
4. Develop outreach programs delivered to library schools, public
libraries, community organizations, health professional organizations,
health care organizations/associations.
Misa Mi, Chair
1. Emailed the welcome package to new MDMLG members during Gina Hug’
maternal leave. The package included a welcome letter, MDMLG brochure,
website address, and password/userid for Members Only section.
2. Emailed MDMLG meeting information to mailing lists of Michigan
libraries and library students and publicized the availability of new
jobs on the web site.
3. Revised the goals/objectives for the 2001-2002; prioritized
the goals/objectives and identified outreach and promoting our
profession as the specific area to be addressed this year.
4. Devised/designed a new MDMLG brochure and sent it out to all
members for review and distribution; emailed the brochure in pdf format
to mailing lists of Michigan librarians or libraries to promote the
organization. Our web master, Valerie Reid, made it available to anyone
by loading it on the website.
5. Worked on developing a speaker's bureau for the purpose of
providing outreach programs, workshops and training seminars to the
community, health professional organizations, public libraries and
library students; developed a survey tool to gain MDMLG members’consensus
and input. A gift certificate was awarded to a raffle-drawing winner as
a participation prize.
1. Creating a list of tentative course topics and potential MDMLG
2. Designing course descriptions and defining objectives of each
class which MDMLG member are contemplating in teaching.
MDMLG Public Relations Committee
May 14, 2002
About | Executive
Board | FAQ | Job
Bank | Listserv | Web