- User Services & FYE Librarian, UM-Dearborn (April 2019)
- Librarian, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit (March 2019)
- Medical Library Technology Specialist, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Rochester MI (March 2019)
- Electronic Resources Librarian, University of Toledo (March 2019)
- Senior Informationist / Medical Librarian Team Leader, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo (March 2019)
- Associate Dean, School of Information Sciences, Wayne State University (January 2019)
- Part-Time Librarian, Walsh College, Novi Campus (January 2019)
- Librarian in Residence for Engagement and Inclusion, Western Michigan University (December 2018, still available April 2019)
- Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit (November 2018, still available April 2019)
- Assistant Professor, Digital Strategies Librarian, Oakland University, Rochester, MI (November 2018, still available April 2019)
- On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia (September 2018, still available April 2019)
If you have a job opportunity at your institution, please contact Courtney Mandarino.
This page was updated April 23, 2019
User Services & FYE Librarian UM-Dearborn Mardigian Library
The University of Michigan-Dearborn has an exciting job opportunity for an Assistant Librarian at the Mardigian Library. The chosen candidate will work with a dynamic team to manage the operation of the single service Library Info Desk at the Mardigian Library, including student hiring and training to provide first tier research assistance, live chat, and circulation services to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
The successful candidate will also serve as a member of the library faculty, developing and implementing innovative programming to engage students with the library. The incumbent will also partner with instructional faculty and other campus departments to help students achieve basic library skill competency, promote library services, and foster positive relationships and support student success.
This is a limited term, two-year appointment with the possibility of renewal
To apply, please see http://careers.umich.edu/job_detail/171057/user_services_first_year_experience_librarian
Medical Library Technology Specialist, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
The Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine's (OUWB) Medical Library is seeking a Medical Library Technology Specialist who is responsible for collaboratively developing and managing the systems, interfaces, and data with which the library’s users access information and services in a variety of formats. This position provides assistance in application installation, configuration, management and development for the library’s Red Hat based infrastructure, assists in testing, implementing, customizing and managing various library technologies, and operates as a liaison between the Medical Library and other on-campus technology groups.
This is a full time administrative-professional position. For more information and to apply, please go to: https://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/15955
First consideration will be given to those who apply by March 29, 2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Swanberg at email@example.com as chair of the search committee.
Electronic Resources Librarian
University of Toledo, Ohio
Why The University of Toledo?
As the successful candidate, you will be joining the third largest public university in the state and with its many professional programs one of the more comprehensive institutions of higher education in the country. The university is also recognized for its leadership in distance and online education, its open access to students of underrepresented and non-traditional backgrounds, and its large international population. Accordingly, the University Libraries encourages and supports diversity, innovation, and professional growth among its staff. As Electronic Resources Librarian, you will play a key role in the success of constituents across the university’s two campuses and beyond in a variety of fields and disciplines – from helping to further Lake Erie research to supporting patient healthcare to broadening the humanities offerings for faculty and students at the Toledo Museum of Art to contributing to undergraduate student success. As a university faculty member, your opportunities for campus and professional service and community engagement are abundant.
Position type and salary: Twelve-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty represented by the American Association of University Professors (AAUP). Applicants are expected to show potential in professional and scholarly achievement and will be hired at the rank of Assistant Professor with a minimum $66,000 starting salary, depending on qualifications and experience.
Toledo combines a mid-sized cost of living with easy access to the recreational amenities and diverse cultural offerings typical of a much larger metro area. Learn more about this position, our institution, and how to apply at: https://utoledo.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/5/home/requisition/138?c=utoledo . Applications received by March 22, 2019 will receive first consideration.
For more about the University of Toledo, please view http://www.utoledo.edu/ or https://youtu.be/YfP4o3_d304.
For more about living in Toledo, please view: https://youtu.be/tyOjp3GsCEM.
Associate Dean, School of Information Sciences, Wayne State University
Wayne State University invites applications and nominations for the Associate Dean position in the School of Information Sciences (SIS). Reporting to the Dean of the School of Information Sciences and the Wayne State University Library System (ULS), this is a unique leadership opportunity for an experienced, nationally recognized leader to help grow the School and to provide oversight for its academic programs. It is also an exciting time at Wayne State University, which is Michigan's premier urban research university located in the Cultural Center and Midtown—the epicenter of Detroit's renaissance. Wayne State University has a strong urban commitment and has 29,000 full and part-time students.
More information online at:
Position: Part-time Librarian, Novi Campus of Walsh College (with periodic Troy Campus coverage)
20 – 25 hours/week
Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday, 3:30 – 10:30 pm and Saturday or Sunday day shift
Reports to: Director, Library
- Provide reference services, online searching and individual instruction to patrons.
- Assist in creating and maintaining library research guides (LibGuides).
- Keep current with library databases, search features and general reference sources.
- Create online tutorials.
- Develop and deliver library related presentations, as requested
- Provide assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution required.
- ExLibris Primo/Alma experience required.
- Strong track record of patron service required.
- Proficiency with online databases, Internet searches, and library related technology required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to develop and deliver library based instruction in the classroom, to small groups, and individuals that are appropriate to the learner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation communication skills required.
- Knowledge of business collection a plus.
- Camtasia or Captivate knowledge preferred.
- Must be available to evenings and weekends (see schedule above).
- Must be able to work at Novi and Troy campuses.
To Apply: Submit resume with salary requirement to the Walsh College HR Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please indicate position in subject line)
Posted: January 8, 2019
Senior Informationist / Medical Librarian Team Leader, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is seeking a Senior Informationist/Medical Librarian Team Leader.
The team leader is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of the digital library and to provide library services to support teaching and learning, research productivity and patient care. Coordinates and administers the formal educational efforts of the library, including developing instructional materials, research guides, web tutorial and support services to guide WMed stakeholders through the world’s recorded knowledge. Provides instruction and consultation in bibliographic research methods, health literacy and ethical scholarship including avoidance of plagiarism and respect for copyright. The team leader will represent the library in the Chair’s absence.
- Support and assist Chair in managing the day-to-day operations of the digital library. Provide general supervision and support to library staff and community faculty librarians to ensure departmental goals and objectives are attained.
- Co-teaches orientation sessions, course-integrated instruction, electives, and workshops in undergraduate and graduate medical education.
- Instructs on effective searching and evaluation of results for biomedical databases, evidence-based clinical resources, and point-of-care tools.
- Provides consultation on how to use and retrieve literature and effectively manage citations with bibliographic management tools.
- Delivers library instruction using technology tools including course management system, mobile and tablet devices, screen casting and web conferencing.
- Responsible for outreach and marketing activities to promote awareness of the Library’s resources and services.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of services, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates information resources and integrates new technologies in delivery of health information services.
- Supplies, organizes, and manages content on the Library’s web page and medical school media channels.
- Participates on medical school committees to support teaching, research, and clinical care activities.
- Ability to work occasional rotations for evening and weekend hours as scheduled.
- Availability to work occasional overtime on weekends or evenings to complete time sensitive projects.
- Acquires knowledge for new technology and policy/procedure revisions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required, preferably from a library or information sciences program accredited by the American Library Association.
- A bachelor’s degree in the life or health sciences preferred.
- Five (5) years of professional-level academic and/or health sciences experience with a strong service orientation.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with medical vocabulary preferred.
- Academy of Health Information Professionals credential preferred.
- Ability to deliver expert literature search services for systematic reviews and other research projects.
- Strong administrative, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills that encourage teamwork.
- Experience in the area of foundational evidence-based practice ethology and skills.
About Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine
As one of the newer US medical schools, WMed is an exciting environment to pursue an academic career. The medical school is a collaboration of Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo's two teaching hospitals, Ascension Borgess Health and Bronson Healthcare. The medical school is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation supported by private gifts, clinical revenues, research activities, tuition, and endowment income. WMed is fully accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and also by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The inaugural medical student class graduated in 2018 after completing an innovative, patient-centered four-year curriculum that prepares them to be exceptional clinicians, leaders, educators, advocates, and researchers of tomorrow. There are more than 200 residents and fellows in ten residencies and three fellowships accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). WMed has Joint Accreditation for interprofessional continuing education, which incorporates accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The School of Medicine Clinics are housed in a modern 60,000 square foot clinical building on the Oakland Drive Campus and are accredited by The Joint Commission with recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. The 350,000 square foot educational building on the W.E. Upjohn M.D. Campus located in downtown Kalamazoo underwent a $78 million renovation and expansion project including two laboratory research floors and a state-of-the-art Simulation Center that is accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare. The Innovation Center on the Parkview Campus is a life science, technology, and engineering incubator serving the earliest startups to maturing companies with laboratory, office and conference space, access to core scientific equipment and expertise, and a wide range of support services.
Kalamazoo is a wonderful and vibrant city, located midway between Chicago and Detroit. It is a short distance from Lake Michigan, and home to two nationally ranked institutions of higher learning, Western Michigan University and Kalamazoo College. Kalamazoo is known for its community focus and emphasis on access to quality education at all levels. The Kalamazoo Promise is a nationally renowned program in which graduates of Kalamazoo Public Schools receive free tuition to attend public and private colleges in Michigan. Kalamazoo and Michigan provide extensive entertainment and recreational activities, including opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, unique restaurants and shops, and a strong culture supporting the arts.
Western Michigan University Homer Stryker M.D. School of Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans, and actively strives to increase diversity within its community. We provide a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
EEO Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans.
Apply here: https://careers-wmich.icims.com/jobs/1373/senior-informationist-medical-librarian-team-leader/job
Librarian, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit
The Sladen Library of Henry Ford Hospital is seeking a customer-service oriented full-time librarian to join our collaborative team of information professionals.
Under limited supervision, performs a variety of advanced and complex professional library services including mediated searching, bibliographic instruction, and collection development. Analyzes and answers information requests and reference questions. Provides computerized literatures searches to library users, including analysis of topic and search strategy formulation.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as serials librarian.
- Responsible for system-wide electronic journal management, including journal administration account and link resolver system maintenance.
- Works with journal vendors on access issues and troubleshoots complex linking issues and patron connection problems.
- Tracks usage metrics.
- Coordinates the libraries tracking and reporting of system-wide scholarly activity.
- Will lead the input of content to the institutional repository.
- Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an A.L.A. accredited program. Membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals is required (within one year) to obtain professional knowledge required for the position. A minimum of one year's experience is required in order to acquire necessary knowledge and skills.
Minimum of two years of professional experience in a health science library and at least one year working with electronic resources.
- Expert skills in searching major medical databases including PubMed and CINHAL.
- Experience working with electronic serials and link resolver maintenance, e.g. SFX.
- Experience working with the EndNote citation management program.
- Knowledge of industry standards related to serials and electronic resources, e.g. MARC, Open URL, and COUNTER.
- Experience with providing access to electronic resources and authentication methods, e.g. EZProxy.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, including Excel.
Henry Ford Health System Libraries
The Henry Ford libraries system is comprised of four hospital libraries - our flagship location in Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit; Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Clinton Township; Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte; Henry Ford Allegiance Health, Jackson - and our corporate archives, the Conrad R. Lam Archives. To learn more, visit the Sladen Libraries.
Henry Ford Health System
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research, and education. The system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a full continuum of care. Henry Ford Health System provided $614 million total community benefit during 2017 including $443 million of uncompensated medical care costs. With more than 30,000 employees, Henry Ford Health System is the fifth-largest employer in metro Detroit, and among the most diverse. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit Henry Ford.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted electronically at:
Job posting number: 1931911
Librarian in Residence for Engagement and Inclusion, Western Michigan University
Title - Assistant/Associate Professor-University Libraries-Terminal/Temp 1 Year Appt
Posting Number - 0604830
Department - University Libraries
Grade - I30
Job Type: Non-Tenure Track
Pay Type - Exempt
Salary Range: $57,500-$65,000. Plus generous benefits package.
- Cultivate relationships and collaboratively design co-curricular library programming and community engagement activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to connect library services and resources to campus, community, and regional needs.
- Manage the strategy and logistics of a robust portfolio of engagement activities.
- Develop programming that represents a diversity of methods, partners, audiences, and collections.
- Design regular program evaluation activities to assess the impact of library engagement programs.
- Articulate programmatic impact to diverse audiences, including library staff, external audiences, and academic administration.
- Participate in cross-departmental committees and working groups to represent the Libraries.
- Participate in professional and leadership development activities.
- Initiate the development of a scholarly portfolio of presentations and publications.
- A master's degree from a graduate program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA) or an international equivalent as identified by ALA.
- Demonstrated potential for achievement in library community engagement, including comfort in initiating new conversations, public speaking, and facilitating group activities.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, agile, and innovative work environment.
- Experience or demonstrated potential with event planning, instructional design, or curating library workshops and events.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and their use for academic promotions.
- Experience in an academic or public library in a public services or community engagement role.
Required Applicant Documents
Cover Letter highlighting your qualifications
List of References
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Additional Position Information:
The University Libraries at Western Michigan University seeks candidates for the position of Librarian in Residence for Engagement and Inclusion. This exciting new opportunity supports Western Michigan University's commitment to being a learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged institution by exploring innovative approaches to connecting the library with its community.
The Librarian in Residence for Engagement and Inclusion is a one-year terminal position, renewable up to 3 years, full-time faculty resident. The Librarian will build inclusive community engagement programs in collaborative partnership with a wide range of stakeholders, such as academic and student support offices on campus and community partners outside the university. The Librarian will lead the full lifecycle of program development, including listening for community needs, developing a portfolio of programming, and measuring and articulating impact. The Librarian will champion library programming that features a broad array of perspectives and approaches, including culturally diverse resources, multilingual communication, and passion for inclusion and accessibility.
Review of applications is to begin on January 14, 2018. The posting will be open until the position is filled.
GO TO: http://www.wmich.edu/hr/employees/faculty for benefits and other information
External Posting Date: 12-03-2018
External Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Internal Closing Date:
Application Types Accepted
Faculty Credential Summary
Apply for this position --
Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit
The Wayne State University Library System (WSULS) seeks an innovative, service-oriented Learning and Research Support Librarian to support departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. They will establish effective communication channels within assigned departments and will identify and advance the learning, teaching, and research needs of WSU students, faculty, and staff. The full breadth of the Learning and Research Support Librarian's responsibilities remains flexible and adaptable to new and emerging staffing models, schedules, and technologies.
Please refer to https://jobs.wayne.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=205850 to apply for the position. Further details about the position are available at the WSULS Employment Opportunities page https://library.wayne.edu/info/about/employment-opportunities.php. For additional information regarding this position, please contact Katrina Rouan, Learning and Research Support Librarian Search Committee Chair via email, email@example.com.
Assistant Professor, Digital Strategies Librarian, Oakland University (Rochester, MI)
Oakland University’s Kresge Library seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual to join us as an Assistant Professor and Digital Strategies Librarian to provide leadership for the Library’s digital initiatives in its teaching-focused environment.
In collaboration with both faculty and staff, the Digital Strategies Librarian explores, discovers, acquires, plans, implements, and manages digital projects and assets. Successful applicants to this position will possess technical skills and strong project management experience, as well as high-level knowledge of digital collections, metadata creation/maintenance, digital archiving, and preservation. Candidates must demonstrate experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Providing leadership in prioritizing and managing digital initiatives throughout the project lifecycle for both digitized and born-digital items, including recommendations for related hardware/software and funding opportunities
- Designing, documenting, and overseeing efficient digital production workflows that may involve stakeholders from library and university departments
- Engaging with a variety of preservation tools and employing metadata standards, controlled vocabularies, and archival schema as appropriate, while keeping abreast of emerging trends in these areas
- Ensuring best practices for digital collections as they relate to preservation, copyright, usability, and accessibility
- Collaborating with subject librarians and disciplinary faculty to enhance discovery of digital collections for teaching and research purposes
- Contributing to broader scholarly conversations through publications and presentations
- Participating in library, university, and professional service activities
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience working on digital projects employing best practices in collection processing, description, access, management, and preservation.
- Demonstrated experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This is a tenure-track faculty position with an eight-month schedule. Salary will be determined by credentials and experience. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefits including TIAA/CREF and Fidelity retirement plans.
Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND TO APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE SEE FULL POSTING AT: http://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/15224
On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia
Schoolcraft College Livonia, Michigan
Job Title On-Call Librarian
Job Duties Responsible for facilitating the flow of information to library users, including:
- Provide orientations and tours to classes, faculty students, and other individuals and groups upon request.
- Create information library publications for distribution to library users, including leaflets, handouts, and electronic newsletters.
- Serving assigned nights and weekends as specified in the posting under which the person was employed.
Service during a major portion of each week as reference Librarian, including:
- Responsible for library operations when the only Librarian on duty.
- Assist users in locating information needed to write papers, do presentations, give speeches, and be successful in classes.
- Instruct users on how to locate books, periodicals and other library resources.
- Advise users on how to access needed resources in other area libraries/institutions.
Participation in professional activities, including:
- Attend and participate in scheduled departmental and divisional meetings during assigned hours.
- Participate in pertinent growth activities.
Performance of other professional duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library program and two (2) years of experience as a reference or public services librarian, preferably in an academic library.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with faculty, students and administrative personnel.
- Online library system experience.
Work Hours 8-10 hours/week; flexible
Posting Number ACO106P
Open Date 08/14/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants A current Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript will be required at the end of the application process. Failure to upload required documents will result in an incomplete application.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
2. Cover Letter
3. Transcript 1
BACK TO THE TOP
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital Health Sciences Library , Windsor - just minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
Practicum students will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced library environment in an acute care hospital serving the information needs of all of our health care staff. Work functions may include cataloguing in a Z39.50 web based library system, reference, literature searches, interlibrary loans, consumer health web page link development and maintenance, and serials management.
For more information or to schedule a site visit to explore this opportunity contact Orien Duda, Director at Orien.Duda@wrh.on.ca or 519-973-4411 x 3178.
Orien Duda, Director
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital
Phone: 519-973-4411 ext. 3178
Liaison, School of Dentistry & College of Health Professions
University of Detroit Mercy Dental Library
ListServs for Library Jobs
LIBJOBS ListServ Address: http://www.ifla.org/II/lists/libjobs.htm
SLAJOB ListServ Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Job Banks on the Web
About | Executive
FAQ | Job
Bank | Listserv | Meetings