- Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit (November 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Digital Strategies Librarian, Oakland University, Rochester, MI (November 2018)
- Part-Time Librarian, McLaren, Lansing (October 2018)
- Resource Sharing & Access Services Librarian, Marygrove College, Detroit (September 2018)
- On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia (September 2018)
- Director of Library and Academic Support Services / Henry Ford College, Dearborn (May 2018)
If you have a job opportunity at your institution, please contact Courtney Mandarino.
This page was updated November 19, 2018
Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit
The Wayne State University Library System (WSULS) seeks an innovative, service-oriented Learning and Research Support Librarian to support departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. They will establish effective communication channels within assigned departments and will identify and advance the learning, teaching, and research needs of WSU students, faculty, and staff. The full breadth of the Learning and Research Support Librarian's responsibilities remains flexible and adaptable to new and emerging staffing models, schedules, and technologies.
Please refer to https://jobs.wayne.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=205850 to apply for the position. Further details about the position are available at the WSULS Employment Opportunities page https://library.wayne.edu/info/about/employment-opportunities.php. For additional information regarding this position, please contact Katrina Rouan, Learning and Research Support Librarian Search Committee Chair via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Professor, Digital Strategies Librarian, Oakland University (Rochester, MI)
Oakland University’s Kresge Library seeks an innovative, collaborative, and service-oriented individual to join us as an Assistant Professor and Digital Strategies Librarian to provide leadership for the Library’s digital initiatives in its teaching-focused environment.
In collaboration with both faculty and staff, the Digital Strategies Librarian explores, discovers, acquires, plans, implements, and manages digital projects and assets. Successful applicants to this position will possess technical skills and strong project management experience, as well as high-level knowledge of digital collections, metadata creation/maintenance, digital archiving, and preservation. Candidates must demonstrate experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Providing leadership in prioritizing and managing digital initiatives throughout the project lifecycle for both digitized and born-digital items, including recommendations for related hardware/software and funding opportunities
- Designing, documenting, and overseeing efficient digital production workflows that may involve stakeholders from library and university departments
- Engaging with a variety of preservation tools and employing metadata standards, controlled vocabularies, and archival schema as appropriate, while keeping abreast of emerging trends in these areas
- Ensuring best practices for digital collections as they relate to preservation, copyright, usability, and accessibility
- Collaborating with subject librarians and disciplinary faculty to enhance discovery of digital collections for teaching and research purposes
- Contributing to broader scholarly conversations through publications and presentations
- Participating in library, university, and professional service activities
- Master of Library Science degree or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience working on digital projects employing best practices in collection processing, description, access, management, and preservation.
- Demonstrated experience with or a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This is a tenure-track faculty position with an eight-month schedule. Salary will be determined by credentials and experience. Oakland University offers excellent fringe benefits including TIAA/CREF and Fidelity retirement plans.
Oakland University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, AND TO APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE SEE FULL POSTING AT: http://jobs.oakland.edu/postings/15224
Part-Time Librarian, McLaren, Lansing
||Non Health Professional
||McLaren Greater Lansing
||94000 - Library Services
|Hours per 2 week pay period
|Weekends and/or Holidays Required
|On Call Required
Responsible for the organization, operation, and development of the medical library to provide materials and services to support hospital staff in providing excellent patient care. Responsible for ensuring adequate provision of reference information and other educational materials for Hospital staff use including conducting literature searches and providing instruction in use of Library’s print and electronic resources and educational technology equipment.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an A.L.A accredited program or within 12 months of accepting the position.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Medical Library setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Training in computer database searching.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products and office machinery.
- Academy of Health Information Professionals Credentialing (AHIP).
- 3 years professional (post Master’s) library experience in a Medical or Academic Library setting.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Resource Sharing & Access Services Librarian, Marygrove College, Detroit
Marygrove College is seeking a Resource Sharing and Access Services Librarian in the Nancy A. McDonough Geschke Library.
Review of Applications begins September 24, 2018.
The librarian in this position provides Marygrove faculty and students access to scholarly materials, maintains the library collections, and provides reference support. In addition, the Resource Sharing and Access Services Librarian carries out the responsibilities of a librarian with faculty status by participating as a faculty member in meetings, forums, and ceremonies, and serving on faculty and college committees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates access for faculty and students to scholarly resources and research materials through the local collection of the Geschke Library and through interlibrary loan services.
- Collects and maintains library statistics.
- Provides reference services both face-to-face and virtually.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited institution is required.
- A second MA is desirable.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to customer service is required.
- Work experience in an academic library is desirable.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to work with the public.
- Strong interest in acquiring new skills and learning to use new technologies.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- The successful candidate may be asked to work some evenings and weekends
- This position requires moving and shelving of books.
Please submit your curriculum vitae, cover letter and contact information for three references to the library director at: email@example.com. Also, please place the title of the position, “Resource Sharing and Access Services Librarian,” in the subject line. Review of applications will begin September 24, 2018, EOE.
On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia
Schoolcraft College Livonia, Michigan
Job Title On-Call Librarian
Job Duties Responsible for facilitating the flow of information to library users, including:
- Provide orientations and tours to classes, faculty students, and other individuals and groups upon request.
- Create information library publications for distribution to library users, including leaflets, handouts, and electronic newsletters.
- Serving assigned nights and weekends as specified in the posting under which the person was employed.
Service during a major portion of each week as reference Librarian, including:
- Responsible for library operations when the only Librarian on duty.
- Assist users in locating information needed to write papers, do presentations, give speeches, and be successful in classes.
- Instruct users on how to locate books, periodicals and other library resources.
- Advise users on how to access needed resources in other area libraries/institutions.
Participation in professional activities, including:
- Attend and participate in scheduled departmental and divisional meetings during assigned hours.
- Participate in pertinent growth activities.
Performance of other professional duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library program and two (2) years of experience as a reference or public services librarian, preferably in an academic library.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with faculty, students and administrative personnel.
- Online library system experience.
Work Hours 8-10 hours/week; flexible
Posting Number ACO106P
Open Date 08/14/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants A current Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript will be required at the end of the application process. Failure to upload required documents will result in an incomplete application.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
2. Cover Letter
3. Transcript 1
Director of Library and Academic Support Services / Henry Ford College, Dearborn
BACK TO THE TOP
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital Health Sciences Library , Windsor - just minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
Practicum students will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced library environment in an acute care hospital serving the information needs of all of our health care staff. Work functions may include cataloguing in a Z39.50 web based library system, reference, literature searches, interlibrary loans, consumer health web page link development and maintenance, and serials management.
For more information or to schedule a site visit to explore this opportunity contact Orien Duda, Director at Orien.Duda@wrh.on.ca or 519-973-4411 x 3178.
Orien Duda, Director
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital
Phone: 519-973-4411 ext. 3178
Liaison, School of Dentistry & College of Health Professions
University of Detroit Mercy Dental Library
ListServs for Library Jobs
LIBJOBS ListServ Address: http://www.ifla.org/II/lists/libjobs.htm
SLAJOB ListServ Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Job Banks on the Web
About | Executive
FAQ | Job
Bank | Listserv | Meetings