- Library Research Center Department Head, University of Michigan-Dearborn (July 2019)
- Associate Dean, School of Information Sciences, Wayne State University (January 2019)
- Part-Time Librarian, Walsh College, Novi Campus (January 2019)
- Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit (November 2018, still available April 2019)
- On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia (September 2018, still available April 2019)
If you have a job opportunity at your institution, please contact Elizabeth Bucciarelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was updated August 12, 2019
Library Research Center Department Head, University of Michigan-Dearborn
We currently have an opening for a Library Research Center Department Head at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. If you are interested, please see the job posting at UM Careers. http://careers.umich.edu, Job opening 173802.
Associate Dean, School of Information Sciences, Wayne State University
Wayne State University invites applications and nominations for the Associate Dean position in the School of Information Sciences (SIS). Reporting to the Dean of the School of Information Sciences and the Wayne State University Library System (ULS), this is a unique leadership opportunity for an experienced, nationally recognized leader to help grow the School and to provide oversight for its academic programs. It is also an exciting time at Wayne State University, which is Michigan's premier urban research university located in the Cultural Center and Midtown—the epicenter of Detroit's renaissance. Wayne State University has a strong urban commitment and has 29,000 full and part-time students.
More information online at:
Position: Part-time Librarian, Novi Campus of Walsh College (with periodic Troy Campus coverage)
20 – 25 hours/week
Schedule: Wednesday and Thursday, 3:30 – 10:30 pm and Saturday or Sunday day shift
Reports to: Director, Library
- Provide reference services, online searching and individual instruction to patrons.
- Assist in creating and maintaining library research guides (LibGuides).
- Keep current with library databases, search features and general reference sources.
- Create online tutorials.
- Develop and deliver library related presentations, as requested
- Provide assistance at the Circulation Desk.
- MLIS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited institution required.
- ExLibris Primo/Alma experience required.
- Strong track record of patron service required.
- Proficiency with online databases, Internet searches, and library related technology required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to develop and deliver library based instruction in the classroom, to small groups, and individuals that are appropriate to the learner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation communication skills required.
- Knowledge of business collection a plus.
- Camtasia or Captivate knowledge preferred.
- Must be available to evenings and weekends (see schedule above).
- Must be able to work at Novi and Troy campuses.
To Apply: Submit resume with salary requirement to the Walsh College HR Office at: email@example.com. (Please indicate position in subject line)
Posted: January 8, 2019
Learning and Research Support Librarian (Biological Sciences, Chemistry, and Geology), Wayne State University, Detroit
The Wayne State University Library System (WSULS) seeks an innovative, service-oriented Learning and Research Support Librarian to support departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. They will establish effective communication channels within assigned departments and will identify and advance the learning, teaching, and research needs of WSU students, faculty, and staff. The full breadth of the Learning and Research Support Librarian's responsibilities remains flexible and adaptable to new and emerging staffing models, schedules, and technologies.
Please refer to https://jobs.wayne.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=205850 to apply for the position. Further details about the position are available at the WSULS Employment Opportunities page https://library.wayne.edu/info/about/employment-opportunities.php. For additional information regarding this position, please contact Katrina Rouan, Learning and Research Support Librarian Search Committee Chair via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
On-Call Librarian, Schoolcraft College, Livonia
Schoolcraft College Livonia, Michigan
Job Title On-Call Librarian
Job Duties Responsible for facilitating the flow of information to library users, including:
- Provide orientations and tours to classes, faculty students, and other individuals and groups upon request.
- Create information library publications for distribution to library users, including leaflets, handouts, and electronic newsletters.
- Serving assigned nights and weekends as specified in the posting under which the person was employed.
Service during a major portion of each week as reference Librarian, including:
- Responsible for library operations when the only Librarian on duty.
- Assist users in locating information needed to write papers, do presentations, give speeches, and be successful in classes.
- Instruct users on how to locate books, periodicals and other library resources.
- Advise users on how to access needed resources in other area libraries/institutions.
Participation in professional activities, including:
- Attend and participate in scheduled departmental and divisional meetings during assigned hours.
- Participate in pertinent growth activities.
Performance of other professional duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library program and two (2) years of experience as a reference or public services librarian, preferably in an academic library.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with faculty, students and administrative personnel.
- Online library system experience.
Work Hours 8-10 hours/week; flexible
Posting Number ACO106P
Open Date 08/14/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants A current Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript will be required at the end of the application process. Failure to upload required documents will result in an incomplete application.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
2. Cover Letter
3. Transcript 1
BACK TO THE TOP
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital Health Sciences Library , Windsor - just minutes from the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel
Practicum students will have an opportunity to work in a fast paced library environment in an acute care hospital serving the information needs of all of our health care staff. Work functions may include cataloguing in a Z39.50 web based library system, reference, literature searches, interlibrary loans, consumer health web page link development and maintenance, and serials management.
For more information or to schedule a site visit to explore this opportunity contact Orien Duda, Director at Orien.Duda@wrh.on.ca or 519-973-4411 x 3178.
Orien Duda, Director
Hotel Dieu Grace Hospital
Phone: 519-973-4411 ext. 3178
Liaison, School of Dentistry & College of Health Professions
University of Detroit Mercy Dental Library
ListServs for Library Jobs
LIBJOBS ListServ Address: http://www.ifla.org/II/lists/libjobs.htm
SLAJOB ListServ Address: email@example.com
Library Job Banks on the Web
About | Executive
FAQ | Job
Bank | Listserv | Meetings