Promotion of MDMLG Health
- Build on the December 2005's program on library advocacy and create tools for librarians to assist in advocating for their jobs, departments, and the profession.
- Work with the Program and Professional Development committees to provide excellent professional growth opportunities.
- Work with the Web committee to maintain the professional status of the listserv and website, and to encourage and guide the growth of the MDMLG blog and calendars.
- Assist the Local Arrangements committee of the Midwest Chapter/MLA in planning the 2008 conference.
- Continue support for the LIS program and WSU.
- Review and possibly update the structure of MDMLG in terms of the Bylaws committee and the Auditor / Financial Review committee. Look into expanding the Web Committee to a Web & Technology Committee.
The following MDMLG Board Meetings were held (all at Providence Hospital):
July 20, 2006 – Transitional Meeting
August 17, 2007
November 16, 2007
February 15, 2007
May 3, 2007
The following MDMLG General Business Meetings were held:
September 7, 2006 – University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI
November 30, 2006 – St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, Pontiac, MI
March 15, 2007 – Detroit Public Library, Detroit, MI
June 21, 2007 – Annual Summer Luncheon, Schoolcraft College Vista Tech Center, Livonia, MI
The following was accomplished:
- Created a group on Airset ( http://www.airset.com ) to assist the board in their goals and duties.
- Posted several articles on the MDMLG Blog and most of the MDMLG Newsletter issues.
- With financial support from MDMLG, I attended the MHSLA Annual Conference in Lansing, MI and reported back via the MDMLG Blog.
- Worked with the Web Committee to maintain the association's web presence.
- Found replacement, Toni Janik, for chair of the Professional Development Committee.
- Kept the President's manual updated.
Alexia D. Estabrook, MSLS, AHIP
About | Consumer
Health | Executive
FAQ | Job
Bank | Listserv | Meetings