Airports, Buses, Trains and Taxis
CONSTRUCTION ALERT - Those traveling by car via I-75 from the south will need to detour at some point due to construction. I-75 is completely closed for a few miles in downtown Detroit. You may follow the posted detour signs which will take you to I-275 North and then back to I-75 via I-94 East. Another shorter detour to consider is to stay on I-75 a little longer and get off on M-39 West, which is Southfield Rd in Allen Park. There will be about a 2 mile stretch of surface road in Allen Park but you will be able to get onto I-94 East sooner. In either case you will take I-94 East to Detroit to I-75 North to get to the hotel in Troy.
- Driving Directions:
- Take I-94 East to I-75 North, Exit 69 - Big Beaver Road East. Hotel is one block east on the left.
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Valet parking available, fee: $14/daily
- Detroit/Wayne County – DTW
- Flint - FNT
Taxi and Limousine Services
Those flying into the Detroit Metro Airport may want to consider coordinating a shared taxi ride to the Marriott hotel in Troy. Due to distance and current fuel prices the trip is costly.
If you want help finding others willing to share a ride to the hotel, as soon as you have booked a flight send an email to Patty Supnick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include: "08 Conf Transpo" in the subject line, information - airline, flight number, arrival day and time, and contact information.
We will send you the names of those arriving around the same time that are willing to share a ride. You may contact them and coordinate your trip to the hotel. We cannot guarantee a ride share so will let you know if there are none that have come to our attention.
- Corporate Cars, Inc.
$78 for up to two people, $10 more for each person up to four people per car
- Phone 313-821-9298
Toll Free 1-877-726-7722
- Fax 313-821-9182
- Email: Corporatecars@sbcglobal.net
- Aristocat Limousine Service
Ask for Nancy and mention the conference when you call to receive a 10% discount.(Note: Aristocat will charge a $25.00 cancellation fee if attendee has reserved their airport service but does not show.)
- Phone Number: 1-800-682-1453
- Web site: http://www.aristocatlimo.com
Sample fares and Taxi companies serving the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport can be found at http://www.metroairport.com/transportation/
- Bus Station
- Greyhound Web site: http://www.greyhound.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-231-2222
- Bus Station Location: Detroit
- How to get to the Detroit Troy Marriott Hotel: Take taxi from bus station (approx. 13 miles)
- Megabus Web site: http://www.megabus.com/us
- Bus Stop Location: Grand Circus Park or Wayne State University, Detroit
- How to get to the Detroit Troy Marriott Hotel: Take taxi from Megabus stop (approx. 13 miles)
- Amtrak Web site: http://www.amtrak.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-872-7245
- Train Station Location:
Birmingham Amtrak station:
449 South Eaton St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
This is an unstaffed station, Payphones, Free Short Term Parking, Free Long Term Parking
Royal Oak Amtrak station:
201 S. Sherman Dr.
Royal Oak, MI 48067
This is an unstaffed station, Enclosed Waiting Area, Payphones, Paid Short Term Parking, Vending
- How to get to the Detroit Troy Marriott Hotel: Take taxi from train station (approx. 3-4 miles)
Updated: September 15, 2008